|I love my Keurig Coffee Maker. Klean Kanteen Insulated Mugs are perfect Keurig accessories because they make an already delicious cup of coffee even better. Here's why...
- Your Klean Kanteen is an excellent, high performance double-wall insulated mug that will keep your coffee the optimum temperature range of 155° and 175°. So many times you wind up chugging your coffee to quick drink it before it gets cold. Or... like most of us... you get interrupted or you take a call and it gets cold. With a Klean Kanteen you can sip it and savor the aroma and taste at your own pace and not worry about the inevitable interruptions.
So... as a little tip to my fellow Keurig fans out there... learn to use the temperature setting. Here's why...
- Your Keurig... at least the model I use... allows you to set the brewing temperature from 187° to 192°. The reason that range it not lower is because heat is lost as it passes through the K-cup and more heat is lost heating the mug. So when it's all said and done the coffee in the cup is in the optimal range.
- Brewing at a temperature greater than 192° causes the essential oils in the coffee to evaporate and it's the essential oils that give coffee its great taste and aroma.
- If you like your coffee black brew it at or closer to the 187°. If you add milk or cream brew it at or closer to 192° to allow for the cooling affects or the milk or cream.
- Your Klean Kanteen won't impart any funky odors or taste to your coffee because...
- It's constructed from 18/8 high quality food grade stainless steel.
- Threads are external to the entire interior is perfectly smooth and easy to clean.
- The leak proof Stainless Steel Loop Cap has silicon gaskets instead of rubber gaskets that retains odors over time.
- The Cafe Cap easily snaps apart for thorough cleaning and also has the silicon gasket.
- The mouth is wide which also contributes to making it easy to clean and to fill.
- Klean Kanteens a re great travel cups because they fit in most cup holders.
- Klean Kanteen Insulated Mugs are now available in exciting new colors as well as the original brushed stainless finish.
| It's convenient and you don't have to brew the coffee in another container before pouring in your mug or travel cup because...
- The 12 oz fits in with the pedestal in place.
- The 16 oz requires that you simply remove the pedestal.
- I don't recommend the 20 oz as a Keurig Accessory because it won't fit under the Keurig and will require that you brew your coffee in another container.